Monday, January 9, 2012

Wild Card Review

Well, I sucked at picking those games. I should say that I did like NY to win, I just don't pick them anymore. So, with officially taking the Falcons, I went 1-3.

I guess Jesus is back at the helm of the Broncos after taking a few weeks off for his birthday.

The Saints game looked exactly how everyone thought it would. The Lions really hung tough for a while, and I've heard sports analysts saying it was a blowout. It was not, the Saints played an outstanding 4th quarter that made the score look silly. I think the Lions have a bright future.

How about that Giants D? The Falcons offense laid a big goose egg and only the defense could score, on a safety. If I wasn't a Giants fan, and was an outsider I'd look at NY as maybe the team no one wants to face in the playoffs this year.
As far as the Falcons are concerned, they will have a coach in the hot seat next season. Mike Smith made some extremely questionable calls in that game. What was going on in the last minute of the first half? Atlanta could have at least added a field goal but Coach ran off thirty seconds of his own time, then went into the locker room with 2 unused timeouts. Plus the 4th down calls. Silly.


I couldn't be more wrong about the Texans, they didn't need a QB to beat up the Bengals. That defense and that running attack was all they needed, they're gonna need it against the Ravens next week.

So, we have some good games next week. I think the most intriguing is Saints at Niners. San Fran can't rack up points like Orleans, but they can keep Brees off the field with a good clock eating running attack and a very good defense. I'm really liking the Saints to go all the way but this could go either way.

I'll get into those games on Friday.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

Well we all got the Steelers/Broncos wrong. It sure seemed like the best defense in the NFL, statistically anyway, would shut the Broncos down cold.

I had the Texans based on my old rule of thumb: never take a team in the playoffs that has no demonstrated ability to beat playoff teams. This season those teams were the Bengals, Lions, Falcons (maybe) and the Cowboys (who weren't actually IN the playoffs. sob.)

I got the Giants right because I wasn't worried about jinxing them (in fact I wish I had).

Some good games coming our way this weekend. BCS, are you paying attention?

January 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home