Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Getting predictions ready

I am almost done with my predictions for the 2011 NFL Season. It's hard to believe we're almost a month away already? The summer is flying by, and September 8th is almost here with the Saints at the Packers to get things started. To make sure the standings I put up equal out okay I am going week by week and picking winners and losers to get more accurate results. I can tell you this already...the Arizona Cardinals are going to start hot, they could start 3-0 but won't win too many games past that, teams with cold starts will be Chicago, Pittsburgh and Seattle but I see things leveling out during the season. I see my Giants having a fast start as usual then cooling off immensely. I think to start they have the easiest schedule in the NFL then end the season with Green Bay, New England, New York Jets, New Orleans, Philadelphia and Dallas.

I'm still figuring who wins in the playoffs, I'm under a lot of pressure here because the past two seasons I have correctly picked one Conference Champion. In 2009 I took the Colts over the Giants, it ended up being Saints over Colts, last year I took Packers over Ravens and it was Packers over Steelers.

I don't think the Eagles will win it all, they will be the best team in the NFC but that's it, I have them losing in their first playoff game as the #1 seed in the NFC.

A few teams that were in the playoffs last year will not be there this year, such as the Seahawks. I think the Seahawks will win more games than last year (I have them at 8-8) but 7 wins won't win the NFC West this season, and I have the Chiefs out of the playoffs with a winning record  (9-7). The Jets will not make a 3rd straight AFC Championship game, actually, I see two old rivals battling it out for the AFC crown.

A few things to remember heading into the season, the best team in the season is not necessarily the best team in the playoffs. I think the Giants will get in just based on strength of schedule but can they beat the big teams like Green Bay or Philadelphia? Last year the Falcons looked unbeatable as they went 13-3 and the Pats went 14-2, but neither even made it to the Conference Championship. The Packers, who made it into the playoffs by winning the tie breaker game over the Giants in week 16, made an incredible run, and that could happen again this year. Never count out the wild card teams. It's all about how you finish, if you start the season 2-4 don't fret, we saw the Patriots start a season 0-2 and finish 14-2 with a Super Bowl. In 2008 the Giants started 11-1 but ended up 12-4 and lost in their first playoff game 24-11 because they slacked at the end of the year. It's going to be a great year and I am pumped up and ready to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

After filling two weak spots on the team, the Chargers think they have a chance this year.

August 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger The Red Mosquito said...

Unfortunately for the Chargers, they still have to fill the weakest spot on the team, Head Coach. I do believe San Diego will be back in the playoffs, but they have got to get rid of Coach Turner if they want to go all the way.

Rumor is if the Giants don't make the playoffs this year Tom Coughlin will be unemployed, he would be a great fit for the Chargers and is capable of taking them all the way. I don't wish this to happen though, I'm a huge Coughlin fan.

August 6, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home