Saturday, August 13, 2011

Here we go!

If you want to know who will be in the Super Bowl, you are about to find out. I can say that with a good amount of confidence as the past two years I have picked at least one conference champion correctly and last year I correctly chose the Green Bay Packers to win it all.

2009/10 Prediction: Indianapolis Colts over New York Giants ended up being New Orleans Saints over Indianapolis Colts

2010/11 Prediction: Green Bay Packers over Baltimore Ravens ended up being Green Bay Packers over Pittsburgh Steelers

2011/12 Here we go

First the standings, I went week by week marking winners and losers to come up with the most accurate predictions that I could. There were a few errors and missed games so I balanced those out, but I feel confident in my choices.

AFC East
New England Patriots 13-3 (1)
New York Jets 9-7
Miami Dolphins 5-11
Buffalo Bills 3-13

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5 (3)
Baltimore Ravens 10-6 (5)
Cleveland Browns 6-10
Cincinnati Bengals 2-14

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts 11-5 (2)
Houston Texans 9-7 (6)
Jacksonville Jaguars 6-10
Tennessee Titans 6-10

AFC West
San Diego Chargers 11-5 (4)
Kansas City Chiefs 9-7
Denver Broncos 6-10
Oakland Raiders 4-12

Wild Card Round
Houston Texans at Pittsburgh Steelers (Steelers win)
Baltimore Ravens at San Diego Chargers (Ravens win)

Divisional Round
Pittsburgh Steelers at Indianapolis Colts (Colts win)
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots (Pats win)

AFC Championship
Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots (Patriots win)

NFC East
Philadelphia Eagles 13-3(1)
New York Giants 10-6 (6)
Dallas Cowboys 9-7
Washington Redskins 3-13

NFC North
Green Bay Packers 12-4 (3)
Chicago Bears 10-6
Detroit Lions 9-7
Minnesota Vikings 6-10

NFC South
New Orleans Saints 12-4 (2)
Atlanta Falcons 11-5 (5)
Tampa Bay Bucs 9-7
Carolina Panthers 4-12

NFC West
St.Louis Rams 11-5 (4)
Seattle Seahawks 8-8
Arizona Cardinals 6-10
San Francisco 49ers 4-12

Wild Card
New York Giants at Green Bay Packers (Packers win)
Atlanta Falcons at St.Louis Rams (Falcons win)

Divisional
Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints (Packers win)
Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles (Falcons win)

NFC Championship
Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers (Packers win)

Super Bowl

New England Patriots 27 Green Bay Packers 24

There you go. Patriots over Packers in the Super Bowl, the road to this may not be correct but I feel rather confident in this scenario for the Super Bowl. 

4 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

Three things leap out:

The Rams 11-5? The Armchair Quarterback rejoices.

The Chargers 11-5? I don't see it but Whit will be happy.

The Packers lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl? Never!

August 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger The Red Mosquito said...

Did the Armchair QB come over to Blogger?

I went through each schedule and I was as surprised as you to see the end result. The Rams are in the easiest division in the NFL and I don't see any improvement in San Fran or Arizona as of yet. I also think that Seattle downgraded at QB, the Rams could go 5-1 in the division and that will be a big part of them winning 11.

Same for the Chargers. They made some good additions to beef up the D, but they did lose a great Defensive Coach in Ron Rivera. They will also have the big WR Vincent Jackson all season this time, and the Raiders have let most of their team go to Free Agency. The division will be much easier for them this year, I'd give them 5 or 6 division wins easily.

Repeating is tough, and although I think Green Bay is still the best team in the NFC I never predict a repeat. I didn't even do it with the Patriots.

And you will notice that while I did give the hated Eagles the 1 seed, I had them lose in their first playoff game. I'd rather see them get their hearts broken in the playoffs then muddle through a 4 win season. haha

August 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger The Red Mosquito said...

You may have also noticed that the Saints and Packers both finished 12-4 but the Saints won the tie breaker, that may have something to do with my Week 1 predictions....

August 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Bryan:

Here in San Diego, we are told that the Chargers will win the Super Bowl this year. :^)

August 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home