Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week 1 in the NFL

The Packers and Saints gave us a nice preview of a possible NFC Championship to kick the season off, lots of great offense but both D's were lagging. The Saints had Clay Matthews shut down all night, and Woodson looked bad, but I still like the Packers D to turn it around and get in the groove. The Saints? Eh, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because to cover the Packers you need 5 very good DB's. Pack could set a new scoring record this year.

Here's the rest of Week 1 in the NFL

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears- Week 1 is always the hardest week to pick games, you never know what teams will jell right away and which will take a while. This game will be a great one, you have two very good defenses and two good offenses. I like the Falcons to ruin the day for Cutler and company, give me the Falcons 20-13.

Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns- The Browns could be a tough out this year, and the Bungles will be the worst team in the NFL. Hillis gets things going early and Browns roll 24-10

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs- The Bills could make some noise but I like the grit the Chiefs showed last year, and I think it carries over better than what the Bills did to end last season. Chiefs in a close one 26-24.

Philadelphia Eagles at St.Louis Rams- The Rams will be a playoff team this year, but won't start 1-0, the Eagles are too strong on D for Bradford to keep up. Eagles over Rams 30-17.

Detroit Lions at Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Tight game here, I like both teams to be a force in the NFC this year. I'll go with the Bucs because they're at home 17-13.

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars- The Jags just dropped Garrard, that was stupid. I guess Chris Johnson isn't playing for the Titans until he gets 100 million dollars in non-consecutive unmarked bills. These teams will battle for the basement, but I'll take the Jags because of the playmakers on D. Jags 27-17

Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens- The greatest division rivalry lately. No teams battle it out like these two do. It will be close, it will be low scoring, it will be the game of the week. It will be the Steelers winning 20-16.

Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans- Last year the Texans won this opener against the Colts and Manning had to throw the ball 59 times to keep up. This time the Colts have Kerry Collins, who is the first QB to start in place of Manning since Jim Harbaugh, yeah, it's been that long. I like Kerry, he's one of my favorite QB's (being a Penn State and NYG fan) he was a very good, solid QB, he just didn't have the numbers to become elite. Still, he is now 40? Sorry Colts, Manning is out for at least 6 weeks and you will pay the price. Texans 31-20.

Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals- When I figured out the end of year standings I had Arizona getting off to a fast start then mellowing out. They have a weak schedule to start and could chase the Rams for the division. Cards start things off good with a 34-17 win over Panthers.

Minnesota Vikings at San Diego Chargers- The Chargers are famous for starting seasons slow and going undefeated in December, it's what they do. Not this season. I like the Vikings D, but I don't like McNabb in that system. He doesn't fit and he's not what he used to be. Chargers over Vikes 23-14.

Seattle Seahawks at San Fransisco 49ers- The Seahawks have taken a step back at QB, maybe the plan is to blow the season to get Luck. The 9ers continue to put trust into Alex Smith for no reason, but this is the one game where he is the better QB. Niners over Seabirds 30-20.

New York Giants at Washington Redskins- The Giants have been destroyed by injury and had a horrible off season. I'm not feeling to confident in my G-Men to get their 7th straight win over Washington. The saving grace is that I think the Skins have no faith in Grossman, or Beck. They may be in the Luck race if neither QB steps up. The Giants can still run, and they'll have to do it against some hungry LB's who want to bring Washington back to defensive glory. I will take the Giants in a low scoring, ugly game. Giants 17-16.

Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets- Emotions will ride high for the Jets and I don't know what to make of the Cowboys yet. They have the talent to rival the Eagles, Saints and even Packers, but they can't seem to get it together. I also don't like their secondary or offensive line. They can't cover Plaxico, the Giants had proven that time and time again. I'll take the Jets to get win 1. Jets 26-20.

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins- I like the Phins defense still but sorry, they can't hang with the team I pick to win the AFC. Pats 28-10.

Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos- Denver could be a surprise team this year, they have some really good talent on D, especially at LB. The Raiders had a surprising 8 win season last year, but then let their best CB and Pro Bowl TE go. Sorry, Raider nation but it is going to be a long year. Denver rocks Oakland 27-14.

So far I'm 1-0 for this week, lets see if I can keep it going.

1 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

I pick the Ravens over the Steelers and the Bears at home over the Falcons. Otherwise we agree.

Let's get it on!

September 10, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home