Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 2

Not too bad last week considering it was Week 1, I did pretty bad on the early games but did well on the 4 o'clock, picked Sunday Night and split the Monday double header.

Last Week: 10-6
Season: 10-6

Things look a bit easier in a few of these games, but in the NFL you never know.

Oakland Raiders(1-0)at Buffalo Bills(1-0)- The Raiders kind of shocked me last week in how they were able to run against a pretty good Denver crew. The Bills really shocked me in man-handling the Chiefs defense. I like the Bills in this game, it's not easy to fly from Oakland to Buffalo and win a game. The Bills offense showed me some good stuff last week and I think they can carry over a bit of that. A closer game for the Bills this time. Buffalo 24-16.

Kansas City Chiefs(0-1)at Detroit Lions(1-0)- The Lions are undefeated for the first time....ever? I like love the Lions defense, they can stuff the run big time. They have possibly the best front 4 in the NFL and they can pressure Cassel all day. Give me Lions on Stafford's big arm to put KC in an 0-2 hole. Detroit 23-17.

Baltimore Ravens(1-0)at Tennessee Titans(0-1)- Ravens 27-14. That is all.

Cleveland Browns(0-1)at Indianapolis Colts(0-1)- I can't see the Colts letting the Browns come into town and push them around like the Texans did. Kerry has got to step up and play 100% better than last week. I like the Browns to be a tough team this year, not a .500 team but a team that can play spoiler any week. Still, I'm taking the home team here, just because. Colts 21-20 over Browns.

Tampa Bay Bucs(0-1) at Minnesota Vikings(0-1)- I don't think McNabb is the answer, I don't think anyone in Minnesota believes that. The Buccaneers hung tough with Detroit and fell short and they will have to hang tough again against another talented NFC North defense. I like the Bucs to win on the road 17-13.

Chicago Bears(1-0)at New Orleans Saints(0-1)- The Bears crushed the Falcons last week, absolutely destroyed them. Chicago has a very good defense but I don't see them being able to win a shoot out with New Orleans. If the Bears want to win, they have to ground and pound all day, and the Saints will be ready for it. Could be a high scoring game, the Saints secondary looked pathetic against the Packers, but that was a whole different game. Saints win 34-28.

Jacksonville Jaguars(1-0)at New York Jets(1-0)- Jags defense held up last week and the Jets defense got lucky. I know, the Jags weren't playing a big offensive team, but they aren't this week either. I think the Jags could possibly go 2-0 and in an upset special I'm going to take them to win. Jets are 9 point favorites but I've got a feeling about a let down in this game. Jacksonville over New York 24-23.

Seattle Seahawks(0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers(0-1)- The yellow and gold looked horrible last week. The offense had no rhythm and they let Baltimore control the game from minute one. The Seahawks are not a very good team, they have no QB and Pittsburgh can blitz away without fear. Pittsburgh with a big homecoming 27-10.

Arizona Cardinals(1-0)at Washington Redskins(1-0)- This could be a tough game. The skins LB crew was dominant last week (as I said they'd be) in shutting down the out of sync Giants. Kevin Kolb had a decent start to his career with the Cards and he will be facing well known opponent. These cross country games are almost always won by the home team, but I like the Cards to pull it out. Arizona 26-21.

Green Bay Packers(1-0)at Carolina Panthers(0-1)- Newton can throw for 400 yards if he wants, it won't matter. Carolina doesn't even come close to having the D to stop Green Bay. Packers 38-20.

Dallas Cowboys(0-1)at San Fransisco 49ers(1-0)- Dallas was shocked by the Jets last weekend, and everyone is blaming Romo. The Niners can hang, but Dallas is becoming known for starting fast and ending slow in games. Dallas could lead by 10 at halftime and win by a FG, in fact, that's what I'm picking. Dallas wins 24-21.

Cincinnati Bengals(1-0)at Denver Broncos(0-1)- I was shocked by the play of Cinci's new QB Dalton last week against Cleveland. I was equally shocked by Denver's inability to stop McFadden last week. Tough game but I'm taking Denver one more time. Broncos 30-24.

Houston Texans(1-0)at Miami Dolphins(0-1)- Chad Henne looked good last week, the Texans looked better. The Dolphins defense looked horrible, the Texans looked great. The future AFC South winners prevail again, 31-21 Houston.

San Diego Chargers(1-0)at New England Patriots(1-0)- San Diego has to clean up the mental errors. Unfortunately, the team's biggest mental error is the Head Coach. I know, I'm always picking on Turner but he deserves it. I also don't like Jim Caldwell of the Colts, in case you were wondering. I just can't go against the Pats or Packers this year, these teams will each win 13 games and meet in Super Bowl. Chargers are improved but....in Foxboro, against Brady, against his 18 receivers...I don't think so. Pats 26-24.

Philadelphia Eagles(1-0)at Atlanta Falcons(0-1)- The Falcons were pathetic last week, and Vick really didn't play that well against the Rams either. He was 14-32, that is old Vick numbers. I know he looked like a great QB last year, but he's not, and I like the Falcons to further prove that this week. Vick had one good year in his crappy career and everyone is saving him a spot in the Hall. Before last year, Vick was a 24 TD, 55% completion kind of QB, just an average QB that can run like the wind. I think he's back to form and the Falcons take advantage. Falcons win big Sunday Night game 27-20.

St.Louis Rams(0-1)at New York Giants(0-1)- I know it's only Week 2 but this is a must win for NY, if they lose here they will start the season 0-3 (in Philly next week). The Rams got very good pressure on Vick last week, but they lost their star RB and QB in the game. Bradford will be playing for St.Louis and I don't know if he will have to face one of the best DE's in the NFL in Justin Tuck. I know I'm crazy, but I'm going to go with Eli and crew to get it done in NY on the big Monday Night stage only because Steven Jackson is out, and Cadillac Williams won't be able to move the Giants tough defensive line. Giants (I hope) get the win 28-23.

2 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

I think the Jets will win a close one. And I hope the Cowboys lose. (Always.) ; )

September 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Bryan:

My Ouija board predicts the Chargers will win 31-28.

September 18, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home