Friday, September 23, 2011

Week 3

Doing the picks a little early because I have a busy weekend coming up. I did very well last week, I didn't get my Jacksonville upset but I did get Atlanta beating Philly.

Last Week: 12-4
Season: 22-10

New England Patriots(2-0)at Buffalo Bills(2-0)- These northeast teams battle it out for an early first place lead in the AFC East. I did like what the Bills did last week in coming back against the Raiders, but, that was the Raiders. I will admit that Buffalo looks much better than the 4 win team that I predicted but they are not going to beat the Patriots machine. Pats get a big win in Buffalo 27-17.

San Fransisco 49ers(1-1)at Cincinnati Bengals(1-1)- This is a tough game because I'm not sure what either team is now or is going to be. I had Cinci as a 2 win team and they still could be, but they have shown some toughness in the first two games. I still like the Niners to take care of business here, after a tough loss against Dallas. San Fran 23-21.

Miami Dolphins(0-2)at Cleveland Browns(1-1)- I like the Browns this year, not to win anything or even be in the playoffs but they are a tough team. I'm taking Cleveland at home after beating Indy for the first time since 1994. Cleveland 28-20.

Denver Broncos(1-1)at Tennessee Titans(1-1)- Looking through this schedule I'm realizing I may end up being .500 or below this week, so many matches can go either way and this is another pick em game. Only because they are at home and had a good upset last week against the Ravens, I will take the Titans to win 31-27.

Detroit Lions(2-0)at Minnesota Vikings(0-2)- Are the Lions really that awesome of a team? They kicked the shit out of the Chiefs last week and are hoping to go into Minnesota and stop the Vikes. Stafford is the real deal, and that Lions D line is scary, they will sack McNabb and stop the run in a 26-14 win.

Houston Texans(2-0)at New Orleans Saints(1-1)- I'm taking the Texans here, I don't like the Saints defense that much even though they did a good job getting to Cutler. The Texans still have that big offense they had a year ago and have improved the defense. A Texan shootout wins 33-29.

New York Giants(1-1)at Philadelphia Eagles(1-1)- The Giants have shown nothing so far this season, they have played flat and are on the verge of getting a new coach at the end of the year. The Eagles may or may not have Vick this week, but I don't think that matters much. Eagles crush the Giants 31-21.

Jacksonville Jaguars(1-1)at Carolina Panthers(0-2)- Win one comes for Cam and crew the Panthers roll easily over the Jags. 38-21.

New York Jets(2-0)at Oakland Raiders(1-1)- The Jets don't usually do well on these cross country trips to Oakland. They are always tough games and the Raiders come out on top more times than not. I really, really want to say Oakland here, but I'm going to go with NY I think. Jets need to rally a win here but hold on 23-21.

Baltimore Ravens(1-1)at St.Louis Rams(0-2)- Fear not Rams fans, when I did my off season picks I had the Rams starting out 1-4 but finishing 9-7 to win the division. I also had them starting 0-3 and I am sticking with that. Mostly because St.Louis looked awful last Monday Night against the G Men. Ravens 30-24.

Kansas City Chiefs(0-2)at San Diego Chargers(1-1)- The Chargers lost a game they could have won last week against the Pats because of mental errors. They need to correct it and get a fresh start against the Chiefs, who are looking for any bright spark to start off their year. Going with the home team here, SD wins it 28-24.

Green Bay Packers(2-0)at Chicago Bears(1-1)- In preseason picks I had the Pack going to 9-0 before they finally lost to Tampa in Week 11 and the Bears starting out 2-4 before getting a few needed wins. I am sticking with that model and taking the Pack in Chicago to win, but they have to stop a passing game, somehow. Packers 21-17 over Bears.

Arizona Cardinals(1-1)at Seattle Seahawks(0-2)- I really like the Seahawks.....to blow this season in hopes of landing the big QB next year. I also think the Cards are going to start out strong and really give the Rams a run for their money before the schedule gets harder. I like parts of Seattle's defense, and I do think they are building a decent team but the Cards are re-building faster. The Cards can run and pass now and they will be able to move the ball fairly well against the Seahawks. I'll take Arizona to win 24-20.

Atlanta Falcons(1-1)at Tampa Bay Buccaneers(1-1)- A very good divisional matchup of two teams trying to take control of a very even NFC South. Atlanta played great offensively against the Eagles but made a few key errors to let them back in the game. The Bucs I'm not too sure about, they seem like they can be a team to beat, but the Falcons are a tough opponent. Eh, I'll go with the Falcons, like I said, I could easily go 8-8 this week or even 7-9 and this is another game that is tough to pick. Falcons 26-21.

Pittsburgh Steelers(1-1)at Indianapolis Colts(0-2)- This would have been a hard game to pick last year, but this year? Nope. Steelers beat up on the Colts 29-17.

Washington Redskins(2-0)at Dallas Cowboys(1-1)- Will the Skins get a jump on the season by going 3-0? Can Grossman continue to get it done? I'm going to say yes, only because the Skins have really given the Cowboys trouble over the past years. I think these teams have split the season series for a while now. Dallas puzzles me, they are a lot like their NFC East rival the New York Giants, lots of talent but can't pull it together. I'll take the Skins to win 21-17 in Dallas, on Monday night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Bryan:

My crystal ball predicts the Chargers over the Chiefs 35-14. :^)

September 24, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home