Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 7

The only week I don't have to stress about the Giants getting a win, they have a bye this week. Another solid week for me in picks, there were a few easy games to pick from though. Games will start to get tougher and tougher and we'll see more playoff potential games coming up.

Last Week 9-4
Overall 57-33

Seattle Seahawks(2-3)at Cleveland Browns(2-3)- When we last saw the Seahawks they were getting the upset win over the Giants, thanks to a 99yd INT return with about a minute to go. I think Seattle keeps the momentum going against the Browns and former Seattle coach Mike Holmgren. The Browns have an okay team, the Hawks aren't anything special themselves but I'll give it to them. Seahawks 28-23 winners.

Atlanta Falcons(3-3)at Detroit Lions(5-1)- The Falcons have finally found they're running game, but it happened against a bad Panthers team. The Lions let the 9ers run all over them last week as they lost for the first time this year. I like the Lions to bounce back, they are one of the teams to beat in the NFC. Lions over Falcons 30-28.

Houston Texans(3-3)at Tennessee Titans(3-2)- I guess the Texans aren't the team I thought they would be, but they are being killed by injury. Without Mario Williams they have a big hole on defense. Titans win 23-17.

Denver Broncos(1-4)at Miami Dolphins(0-5)- Big start for Tim Tebow, in fact it is so big that the Dolphins will be honoring him at the stadium. That's right, the Dolphins are encouraging Gators fans to come see their hometown hero Tim Tebow, the QB for their opponent. Miami really wants to blow this season, they want a Hall Of Fame QB again. Tebow leads the Broncos to victory, 26-13.

San Diego Chargers(4-1)at New York Jets(3-3)- Well, Jets Head Coach, Rex Ryan was making outrageous statements again, this time he may be right. Rex 'jokingly' said that if he was Coach of the Chargers he would have won 2 Super Bowls by now. Chargers coach Norv Turner didn't like that at all. The question is, if Rex thinks his team is better than the Chargers then why hasn't he won any Super Bowls yet?? Controversy aside, I like San Diego to win this game. With Gates back and I guess healthy, the Chargers have the middle attack they need to get after the Jets. Also, I don't like the Jets offense this year, they are average at best. This is the kind of game the Jets usually win, but this is not a usual year for the Gang Green. Chargers get the 27-20 win.

Chicago Bears(3-3)at Tampa Bay Buccaneers(4-2)- The Bucs lose a home game this week, not lose the game, but they are the 'home team' for a game that will be played in London. I think this whole thing is stupid. I don't like the NFL in London thing, it is ridiculous and costs one team a home game. Anyway, I'm not sure what to think about this game. The Bucs played well enough to win against the rival Saints last week while the Bears crushed their rivals, the Vikes. Eh, this is anyone's game, but I'll go with the Bears to win in a close sloppy match. Bears 14-10 win.

Washington Redskins(3-2)at Carolina Panthers(1-5)- I don't think the Skins are as good as they think they are. I think the Panthers are better than their record. Panthers to win 29-24.

Kansas City Chiefs(2-3)at Oakland Raiders(4-2)- Carson Palmer will not make his Raider debut just yet. He will take this week off then have the bye to continue to study his playbook and get into sync with the Oakland receivers. I still like Oakland to get a tough win here, I know these divisional games can go either way and are always close but I'm starting to buy into the Raiders as a potential playoff team. Raiders squeak one out 23-21.

Pittsburgh Steelers(4-2)at Arizona Cardinals(1-4)- A not so super Super Bowl rematch. I'm a bit surprised the Cards haven't gotten into a groove yet, but after the shortened offseason I shouldn't be. They have lost a few games on miscues and mistakes. They could play Pittsburgh tough, but I don't think they win. Pittsburgh wins 28-20.

St.Louis Rams(0-5)at Dallas Cowboys(2-3)- I can see the Cowboys going on a bit of a winning streak, starting with a big win against the Bradford-less Rams. Dallas has Philly (who they always play well), Seattle, Buffalo, Washington, Miami, and Arizona coming up before playing the Giants. They could be 8-4 heading into that game which may decide the winner of the NFC East. Anyway, today's game should be no problem for Dallas against a very mistake prone Rams team and did I mention that Dallas is only giving up 69 rushing yards a game? End result? Dallas 31-17.

Green Bay Packers(6-0)at Minnesota Vikings(1-5)- I don't think anyone thinks the Vikes have a chance against the Packers. Neither do I. GB 26-9.

Indianapolis Colts(0-6)at New Orleans Saints(4-2)- Another not so super Super Bowl rematch. I bet NBC wishes they could flex out of this game. Saints over the not so impressive Colts 33-21.

Baltimore Ravens(4-1)at Jacksonville Jaguars(1-5)- Neither night game this week looks to be any good. Skip Monday Night Football too, unless you're a Ravens fan or just like seeing teams get crushed. I do like parts of the Jags defense, but not enough to give them a win. Ravens roll 24-10.

3 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

I look for the Pack to score 50. ; )

October 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Bryan:

The Chargers lost this one, and it was ugly. A local sports columnist gave both Norv Turner and Phillip Rivers a big fat "F" for this game.

October 24, 2011 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

I think you should count your picks even though you weren't able to make them public.

November 6, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home