Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 6

I barely made it past .500 last week, but I kept my head above water somehow. I can't wait to do the mid-season re-picks (when I redo my playoff scenarios) will the Lions and Niners be the teams to beat in the NFC? Will the Jets and Eagles fix their seasons and make a playoff run? What a great season this has been so far.

Last Week 8-5
Overall 48-29

Carolina Panthers(1-4)at Atlanta Falcons(2-3)- I love divisional games like this one, both teams are struggling but only one was expected to. I really don't think the Falcons are as good as their record indicated last season, they are missing something they had last year. I still think Matt Ryan is a good QB and could lead this team to the promise land eventually, but not this year. The Panthers have only 1 win, but they are no pushover, with a few tweaks on defense this team could be on the verge on returning to the playoffs in the next three years. I'm also going with Carolina to win this game. Panthers upset the Falcons 26-24.

Indianapolis Colts(0-5)at Cincinnati Bengals(3-2)- The Bengals have already won three more games than I thought they would at this point, and the Colts have won five less. When was the last time the Bengals were favored over the Colts? I'm taking another upset win, and for some reason going with Indy to finally get that win. Colts 20-13.

San Francisco 49ers(4-1)at Detroit Lions(5-0)- Huge playoff implications here, as these teams may be battling for a Wild Card at the end of the year. I'm going with the home team, even though the 9ers have traveled well (2-0 on road). Lions get to 6-0 with a 31-28 win.

St.Louis Rams(0-4)at Green Bay Packers(5-0)- I can't believe the Rams haven't gotten it together yet. No way will they win in Green Bay today, Packers keep pace with the Lions. 33-23 Packers.

Buffalo Bills(4-1)at New York Giants(3-2)- The Giants cannot stop the run, and they can't run the ball on offense. The Bills are going to be missing LB Shawne Merriman, and that will help NY get some run room, but they will be missing RB Brandon Jacobs again. I just don't know on this one, the Bills have beaten some pretty good teams, but then again, how good is Philly? The Giants beat them no problem....Ok, I'm going to go with my team here to get a win after being embarrassed by Seattle last week. Giants hold off Bills 27-24.

Jacksonville Jaguars(1-4)at Pittsburgh Steelers(3-2)- Here's where Pitt can start to right the ship, they should roll over the Jags. 28-14 Pitt.

Philadelphia Eagles(1-4)at Washington Redskins(3-1)- The Skins aren't as good as their record shows, and the Eagles aren't as bad as theirs. The Eagles have been prone to turnovers and have not been able to stop the run. The Redskins will run and run and run all over the Eagles, but that may be all they can do. I'd love to see Philly go 1-15 this year, but it won't happen. Philly gets a needed win 24-21.

Cleveland Browns(2-2)at Oakland Raiders(3-2)- I can't figure out either of these teams, I'm just going with the home team because it will be an emotional homecoming after the passing of Al Davis. Or will there be a big let down after the upset last week?? It is games with these inconsistent teams that are the hardest to pick because one week they'll play like SB contenders and the next get blown out by a crappy team. Take the Raiders 30-23.

Houston Texans(3-2)at Baltimore Ravens(3-1)- I really like the Ravens, I think they have the tools on defense to stop just about any team they want to (except the Pats). At home, the Ravens are hard to beat and they just click so well. Ravens over the Texans 29-24.

Dallas Cowboys(2-2)at New England Patriots(4-1)- The Pats cannot play against the pass, but the Cowboys have an injured Romo still trying to get it done. I like most of the Dallas defense but they are weak at DB. A shootout win for the Pats in a game where defense means nothing. Pats 40-38.

New Orleans Saints(4-1)at Tampa Bay Buccaneers(3-2)- It is tough to go across the country and win, the Bucs have proven that. The Saints, I think, will cruise to win the NFC South and here is another chance to prove that. The Bucs are way better than they showed last week but the Saints are good every week. Saints win on the road in a close one, 24-22.

Minnesota Vikings(1-4)at Chicago Bears(2-3)- This could be the worst Sunday Night Football game this year. Bears slay the Vikes 28-17.

Miami Dolphins(0-4)at New York Jets(2-3)- The Jets have lost three in a row, the Phins are starting Matt Moore at QB.....Jets 30-21 over Miami.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home