Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 10

Can you believe that the season is steamrolling to the end already? And yet, there is still so much more to go. There are lots of great games this weekend, some great divisional matchups, and some great games to decide playoff seeding. You've got Lions/Bears, Jets/Patriots, Bills/Cowboys, Giants/49ers, Steelers/Bengals and so on...what a week.

Last Week 9-5
Overall 73-44


New Orleans Saints(6-3)at Atlanta Falcons(5-3)- The Saints have been rather up and down the last few weeks, they've gone W,L,W,L,W they have a tough three games starting here (ATL,NYG,DET) and need to get some stability. The Falcons have almost been feast or famine this year, granted they do have 5 wins but they have become one of the forgotten good teams in the NFC. I like how the Saints match up, but it is a divisional game and all stats go out the window. I'm going with the home team, I'm sure these teams will split and I'll take the home team in each one. Falcons over Saints 24-23.

Pittsburgh Steelers(6-3)at Cincinnati Bengals(6-2)- The Bengals, aside from maybe the 49ers, are the biggest surprise this season. Most people (including me) didn't think they would win more than 2 games, and here they are playing lights out defense and sitting on top of the AFC North. They also have not played the Steelers or Ravens yet this year, they had a very easy schedule to start. They have won 5 in a row and visit Baltimore after this game. I like Pittsburgh here, they are coming off a brutal loss to the Ravens and will be looking to show the Bengals who is still tops in the division. Steelers in a tight game 26-24.

St.Louis Rams(1-7)at Cleveland Browns(3-5)- What happened St.Louis? The Rams are on the cusp of being mathematically eliminated from playoff contention at Week 10. They would have to win their last 8 games and get a ton of help, I had much higher hopes for the Rams. The Browns have given me pretty much what I expected, a low win team but they play tough, even without the Madden-cursed Hillis (I actually like the Browns to get to 5-5 winning next two games). I'm taking the Browns in this one, the Rams are just hopeless right now. Cleveland 27-20.

Buffalo Bills(5-3)at Dallas Cowboys(4-4)- Dallas is a tough team to figure out, they have some very good defensive players and some explosive wide receivers but they can't seem to get it together. Dallas does have a terrible secondary, about as bad as New England's and the Bills love to throw. I think the Cowboys can stop the run with a good DL and LB crew but shutting down the passing game may be tough. I'm still going to go with Dallas here, in a close win. Dallas 21-17.

Jacksonville Jaguars(2-6)at Indianapolis Colts(0-9)- Call me crazy, and I know I said I wouldn't do it ever again this season, but I'm picking the Colts. Indy finally gets a win 26-21.

Denver Broncos(3-5)at Kansas City Chiefs(4-4)- This division has gotten as bad, if not worse, than their NFC counterparts. The one thing I can predict, no team from the West will win the Super Bowl this year. This game? I just don't know, this is a very tough week to pick games. I'm going with the home team, KC over Broncos 29-23.

Washington Redskins(3-5)at Miami Dolphins(1-7)- The Skins have crashed back to Earth after a quick start, the Dolphins have sucked consistently all year. Still, I see Miami pulling out a close win. Ugly game, may be a few turnovers to decide this one. Miami 13-9.

Arizona Cardinals(2-6)at Philadelphia Eagles(3-5)- What a stinker game we have here, the Eagles are trying to reach .500 and will have to do so without WR DeSean Jackson who has been suspended for this game. He has been throwing fits all season about getting a new deal and did not show for practice, didn't even call to explain his actions. In this game, I can really see the Cards winning...Kevin Kolb played well as a member of the Eagles and he will be happy to be home, plus the Cards have a decent running game, and Philly is prone to making a lot of 4th quarter mistakes. The Cards only have 2 wins, but they have played close games. Still, I think the Eagles will find a way to win, even though the team is falling apart. Andy Reid is a good coach and he knows if they get to 3-6 they will never win the division, he will pull out all the stops. Eagles squeak one out 28-27.

Houston Texans(6-3)at Tampa Bay Buccaneers(4-4)- I am jumping on the Texans bandwagon, hell, I picked them to win the AFC. No Andre Johnson again, but that is not slowing this team down a bit. I'm just not impressed by the Bucs and the addition of troublesome DT Albert Haynesworth does not add to anything. Texans 30-21.

Tennessee Titans(4-4)at Carolina Panthers(2-6)- Panthers are banged up on defense( the defense sucks anyway) and Newton is listed as questionable. Titans try to keep up with Texans with a 20-14 win.

Baltimore Ravens(6-2)at Seattle Seahawks(2-6)- Ravens. I just don't see how the Seahawks can win this game, they are outmatched in every aspect against Baltimore. Crazy things do happen but not this one. Ravens 33-20.

Detroit Lions(6-2)at Chicago Bears(5-3)- The revenge game for Chicago. I don't think the Lions are getting the sweep on the now surging Bears. At home, on the grass with Forte playing like an MVP, coming off a big win and trying to keep up with Green Bay. Chicago gets the win, 27-24.

New York Giants(6-2)at San Francisco 49ers(7-1)- The Niners are playing very well, they are running over everyone and they are stopping the run very well. New York is coming off the biggest win this season. It was a lift the Giants definitely needed heading into a brutal schedule. Here's the problem for San Fran, they win by stopping the run. They hold teams to an average of 74 yards a game, well guess what? When NY runs for 74 yards, they win. NY is not a running team this year, they have an awful running attack and have been winning with the pass game and defense. They made Tom Brady look like, well, Alex Smith last week. They pressured him into 2 INTs and forced a fumble, look for them do try and do the same with Smith this week in trying to make him look like, well, Tom Brady. Going across the country for a game that could decide who gets the 2 seed and a bye in the playoffs is a tall order but I like the Giants chances here. NY 26-23.

New England Patriots(5-3)at New York Jets(5-3)- The Pats have lost two in a row, and all anyone could talk about last week was how the Pats don't lose two in row. Now, everyone is saying the Jets cannot win because the Pats don't lose three in a row. Well, why not? Who made this rule? I know NE won the first matchup and I never pick a sweep, unless it is rather obvious. I'm sticking with my rule here, I don't think the Jets are anywhere near as good as Pittsburgh or NYGiants but I can't break the law. Jets over Patriots 28-24.

Minnesota Vikings(2-6)at Green Bay Packers(8-0)0 Here is one of those few times that I will pick the sweep. Although, the Vikes are looking better with Ponder at QB I just don't see them being the first team to beat the Packers. I do see weakness in the Packers defense at times, but they know how to finish games out and hold on for the win. Pack goes 9-0 with a 24-13 win.

2 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

I'll be a little (at least) surprised if the Packers only score 24 points. But, a win is win ...

; )

November 13, 2011 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Whit's Whittlings2 said...

Bryan:

The Patriots are back!

November 14, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home