Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 9

Okay, so I missed out on putting my picks up last week. I did have them written out but I won't count them towards my total because in fairness they weren't made public and therefore not official (thems the rules).

Last Week (week 7) 7-6 (not very good but still above .500)
Overall 64-39

Too bad I can't count my Week 8 picks because I did very well, but there were some lopsided matchups. Let's get right into Week 9 because I will also have my mid season redoing of the playoffs.

New York Jets(4-3)at Buffalo Bills(5-2)- The Bills have been a big surprise this year. The Jets have been less than stellar but are hanging in there in a competitive AFC East race. Bills are 4-0 at home this year, but the Jets always seem to find a way to beat them. I think the Jets can win this game, and will win this game to make the AFC East that much tighter. Jets over Bills 26-21.

Seattle Seahawks(2-5)at Dallas Cowboys(3-4)- Dallas can get to .500 and help the 9ers clinch the NFC West (yes, the Niners could win the division before Thanksgiving with 2 wins). The Seahawks are just a bad team, I give them no shot of beating Dallas. Dallas wins 28-19.

Atlanta Falcons(4-3)at Indianapolis Colts(0-8)- The Colts should just go for it, just lay down and go 0-16. Falcons win 29-21.

Miami Dolphins(0-7)at Kansas City Chiefs(4-3)- After starting 0-3 the Chiefs are on a roll and looking to win the division again. Miami may be a worse team than the Colts and will compete for 0-16. Chiefs make it five in a row, 23-13.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers(4-3)at New Orleans Saints(5-3)- The old split rule binds me here, the Bucs took one already from the Saints and won't do it again. Saints are coming off a brutal loss to the Rams, and will come out looking for a fast start. Bucs can hang, but I like the Saints at home. NO 30-26.

San Fransisco 49ers(6-1)at Washington Redskins(3-4)- The cross country trips are no problem for the 49ers, they've come east to beat the Eagles already. The Redskins started the season hot, but now are a hot mess. San Fran to get to 7 wins 27-14.

Cleveland Browns(3-4)at Houston Texans(5-3)- I really wanted to like the Browns this year, but they just aren't getting it together. The Texans may still be without their big WR Andre Johnson but they won't need him. Texans 24-17.

Cincinnati Bengals(5-2)at Tennessee Titans(4-3)- The Bengals are playing incredible defense right now, and rookie QB Andy Dalton is playing very well. I think they win this game, call me crazy but I am drinking the Bengals kool aid. I am cautious because the Bengals have not played Pittsburgh or Baltimore yet, that will be a tough 4 games, but I like them to win the games they are capable of winning (if that makes sense). Bengals over Titans 20-16.

Denver Broncos(2-5)at Oakland Raiders(4-3)- Carson Palmer came into the game against the Chiefs and looked awful, but that was on short notice and without really getting to work with his new team. I like the Raiders in a big way against the Tebow led Broncos. Raiders crush the competition 29-12.

New York Giants(5-2)at New England Patriots(5-2)- The Pats are coming off a loss, the Pats have won 20 straight home regular season games, the Pats haven't lost at home to an NFC opponent since 2002 (Packers), the Giants won't have WR Hakeem Nicks, RB Ahmad Bradshaw or C David Baas, the Giants can't stop the run. I'd really like to pick NY here, but I can't, no way. I think NY can hang because the Pats secondary is awful, this could be a shootout, which is exactly how Brady likes it. Pats over GMen 35-30.

St.Louis Rams(1-6)at Arizona Cardinals(1-6)- I really liked these teams to do way better. This game is very tough to pick because they are division rivals and are both struggling. I'm going with the Rams who just got a huge first win over the Saints last week. Rams win 28-23.

Green Bay Packers(7-0)at San Diego Chargers(4-3)- There is a 3 way tie in the AFC West and I think the Chargers will be the odd team out. The Packers are just on too much of a roll right now, they will lose eventually, but the Chargers won't be the team to do it. Packers over Chargers 26-23.

Baltimore Ravens(5-2)at Pittsburgh Steelers(6-2)- The Ravens crushed the Steelers to open the season, and since then, the Ravens don't look so good. They are getting wins but they just don't look good, meanwhile the Steelers have turned it around and are on a roll. Ravens and Steelers split in a Pitt win. 21-17 Steelers.

Chicago Bears(4-3)at Philadelphia Eagles(3-4)- I know the Eagles have gotten some wins but I don't think they can handle Matt Forte of the Bears. This kid does it all, he is the Bears leading rusher and receiver and reminds me a bit of when the Eagles had Brian Westbrook. Forte is the kind of guy that is big trouble for an Eagles defense that has some issues at LB. The Vick vs. Peppers matchup will be great to watch too, in the end I like Chicago to put the Eagles down. Chicago 26-24.

Okay, now to fix my playoff scenario's.....

Here's what I had for the AFC Playoffs in August

Houston Texans(6) at Pittsburgh Steelers(3) (Steelers win)
Baltimore Ravens(5) at San Diego Chargers(4) (Ravens win)

Pittsburgh Steelers(3) at Indianapolis Colts(2) (Colts win)
Baltimore Ravens(5) at New England Patriots(1) (Pats win)

Indianapolis Colts(2) at New England Patriots(1) (Patriots win)

Here was my NFC in August

New York Giants(6) at Green Bay Packers(3) (Packers win)
Atlanta Falcons(5) at St.Louis Rams(4) (Falcons win)

Green Bay Packers(3) at New Orleans Saints(2) (Packers win)
Atlanta Falcons(5) at Philadelphia Eagles(1) (Falcons win)

Atlanta Falcons(5) at Green Bay Packers(3) (Packers win)

New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl.

So, let's get the Colts, Chargers, Rams and Eagles out of there are get this more realistic...
AFC
Cincinnati Bengals(6)at Houston Texans(3) (Texans win)
Buffalo Bills(5)at Oakland Raiders(4) (Bills win)

Buffalo Bills(5)at Pittsburgh Steelers(1) (Steelers win)
Houston Texans(3)at New England Patriots(2) (Texans win)

Houston Texans(3)at Pittsburgh Steelers(1) (Texans win)

NFC

Atlanta Falcons(6)at New Orleans Saints(3) (Saints win)
Detroit Lions(5)at New York Giants(4) (Lions win)

Detroit Lions(5)at Green Bay Packers(1) (Packers win)
New Orleans Saints(3) at San Fransisco 49ers(2) (Saints win)

New Orleans Saints(3)at Green Bay Packers(1) (Packers win)

Super Bowl

Green Bay Packers over Houston Texans.

This year is so crazy, I think the playoffs could be a total crapshoot, who knows maybe we will have a Bills/Lions Super Bowl, or Bengals/49ers...anything can happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger notacynic said...

The Texans in the Super Bowl, wow! (In the Super Bowl following the 1962 season, had there been one, the 13-1 Packers would have faced the 11-3 Dallas Texans. And crushed them.)

I hope you're right about the Bears/Eagles game (yes I know, I'm supposed to hate the Bears). I can't believe how quickly the Eagles bandwagon filled up because they won a damn game, against the over-rated Cowpukes, no less. Keyshawn (just gimmee the damn ball!) actually rated them as the second best team in the league, Friday night. I would love to see them lose a couple in a row.

p.s. Cardinals next week, then @Giants, so maybe two of next three. ; )

November 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home